WHO IS MAREP?
MAREP was formed in 2010 as a local chapter of the National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP). We are well on our way to establishing a recognized presence among a growing network of environmental professionals in consulting, government, industry, and higher education.
The mission of the Mid-Atlantic Region of Environmental Professionals (MAREP) is to provide opportunity for professional development and environmental awareness for environmental professionals, organizations and the community of Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia.
MAREP will strive to meet its mission through meetings, educational programs and events, mentoring, and community involvement. MAREP also aligns itself with the goals and code of ethics for environmental professionals as provided by its parent organization, the National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP).
MAREP will serve environmental professionals and organizations by:
- Developing a locally relevant, multi-disciplinary forum;
- Providing opportunities for and encouraging the professional development and recognition of members through group activity and environmental certification;
- Encouraging and enhancing communication among the environmental community; and
- Promoting and encouraging standards of ethical conduct within environmental professions.
MAREP will serve our community by:
- Advancing the goals of enhancing, maintaining, and protecting the quality of life in the natural and human environment;
- Encouraging the practice of sustainability through the efficient use of resources;
- Supporting the development and implementation of new and improved environmental technologies and standards through planning, assessment, research, and education; and
- Promoting an awareness and understanding of important environmental issues.
Find out more about us: